Back to the Studio starting with Zumba on 26.06 in Summer Hill and all Summer Hill classes from Term 3 (21st July)
In addition to the Safe Work Australia Guidelines for COVID-19, Sydney Dance Rhythms will consider the following when returning to the studio:
- Keep accurate roles for all classes and staff.
- Update contact details for all students and staff, with permission to pass these onto the authorities for the purposes of contact-tracing if needed.
- Emergency contact persons or parents will be notified in the event of a confirmed case at the studio.
- There will be a limit of 40 people in the studio at any one time to comply with current state gathering limits. For children' classes, we will encourage parents to drop their kids off and go.
- Communicate with staff, students and parents that social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Consider scheduling a 5 or 10 minute cross over time period between classes so students can leave the premises, before the next group comes in, to adhere to gathering limits and avoid crowding at check in points.
- Develop regular cleaning and waste management protocols and communicate these clearly with staff, adhering to the “Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Principles” outlined by the Dept. of Health: www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/environmental-cleaning-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf
- Consider hot spots/high touchpoints like barres and door handles and create a cleaning schedule for them
- Provide hand sanitizer to all students and teachers upon entry and exit
- Encourage hand hygiene and ensure all bathrooms have adequate soap available. “Good Hygiene is in your Hands” poster placed on bathroom walls
- Encourage students to bring their own water bottles from home.
- No staff or student are to come to the studio if they have any COVID-19 like symptoms. If they are a suspected COVID-19 case, they must self-isolate and seek testing in accordance with state or territory guidelines.
- Staff or students at the studio experiencing symptoms compatible with COVID-19 should be isolated in an appropriate space with suitable supervision, and collected by a parent/carer as soon as possible.
SDR performing for the Strathfield Spring Festival
Sydney Dance Rhythms enjoyed a beautiful and warm spring day on the Main Stage in the Strathfield Park on the 7th September. Our dancers entertained the crowd with a piece from Lion King, "The Circle of Life", Ballet, Hip Hop, Contemporary and Latin Dance performances.
Dance Competition - SATD April Titles
Well done to our students who participated in this SATD competition. It was great to see everyone getting a place and being rewarded with a few medals and trophies, including our Ballroom and Latin dancers, but also our Jazz/Hip Hop dancers.
Dance Performance at Nursing Home
We were delighted to perform for, and do social dancing with the elderly residents from Uniting in Rockdale. The smiles we received were amazing.
Ballroom Dance Championship - Adelaide
Cristina and Rey took the gold medal in a Latin Dance Competition in Adelaide on 17th March!
Ballroom Dance Competition - SATD March Titles
Our Ballroom/Latin Dancers made sure they left with a few trophies and gold medals from the SATD March Titles on the 10th March! Congratulations to Kseniya, Daniel, Anna, Alex, Alin, Cristina and Rey!
SDR performing for the Bairro Portugues Festival
Sydney Dance Rhythms enjoyed a beautiful sunny day on the Dance Stage in the middle of Petersham on 10th March. The children entertained the crowd with a piece from Lion King, "The Circle of Life", Ballet, Hip Hop, Contemporary dance performances. And, as always, we gave the crowd a chance to join us for some Zumba to exciting Latin rhythms!
SDR Romanian Folk Dance Ensemble celebrating Women's Day
A few ladies from our SDR Romanian Folk Dance Ensemble supported the Romanian Community in Sydney in a celebration of the International Women's Day on 9th March.
SDR performing for the Carnival of Cultures
Sydney Dance Rhythms saw their younger and adult students on stage performing different dances from Hip Hop, Ballroom and Romanian Folk Dances in Ashfiel Park for the Carnival of Cultures, an event organised by the Inner West Council.
Congratulations everyone! You all made us proud again!
SDR on Sunrise, Channel 7
On Friday morning, 22nd February, our #Romanian #Folkdance troupe with entourage performed highlights from the Calusul on Sunrise, Channel 7 in preparation for the Carnival of Cultures.
SDR and the Seniors' Week at Bayside Council
Sydney Dance Rhythms will deliver Salsa Dance Sessions on a few days in February to different Senior Community Centres belonging to the Bayside Council. The classes will be delivered to both mobile and less mobile seniors.
SDR called again by Arc@UNSW Student Life
"Hi Sydney Dance Rhythms!
Thank-you so much for supporting Phil' in 2018, the dance class you offered as part of our 24-hour Fun-A-Thon was a top favourite amongst our students! We loved this class so much we would love to ask you to come back to our campus to run another class! On the 30th of January we will be hosting 120 new students on campus to experience college and UNSW life. We are looking to give these students a sneak peak into all of the things Arc offers to enhance student life and we think a dance class is the perfect crossover experience of our Fun-A-Thon challenges.
Kind regards, Courtney. "
30th January 2019
SDR collaborates with SP Jain School of Global Management
Sydney Dance Rhythms have been engaged in delivering Street Latin and Hip Hop Dance Classes to SP Jain School of Global Management's students in Sydney. We have managed to help the students get their physical workout through dancing for more than a year.
SDR proudly delivered Street Latin Dance Classes at Jimei University in China
Cristina introduced Street Latin Dancing to a wide group of lecturers on her visit to Jimei University in Xiamen, China in December 2018.
SDR supporting the Phil' 24 Hour Fun-A-Thon | Do Good, Phil' Good!
Cristina, held a 45 minute Zumba session to help this cause. All the money raised went to the Sydney Children's Hospital to fund the Child Life and Music Therapy Program.
"From all of us at Phil’, we’d like to offer you our deepest thank you for your support in donating your time and supporting our efforts in raising money for the Child Life and Music Therapy team at the Sydney Children’s Hospital. Due to the tireless work of the student volunteers, the efforts of the Fun-A-Thon participants and the support of donors and staff such as yourself, Phil’ managed to raise over $162,000 in 2018 for a total of over $272,000 since our inception in 2016. "
SATD Southerlands Titles:
We are very proud of our adult dance students who collected quite a few gold, silver and bronze medals in Ballroom, Latin, and Street Latin in the Ballroom Dance Competition in November 2018.
Our Romanian Dance Troupe made a very good apearance during the Team Compeittion, and they stood out with their outstanding Romanian Dance Performance, managing to win first place.
Bring on 2019!
SATD Australasian Ballroom Championship
Sydney Dance Rhythms collected a few more 1st place trophies on 30th September at the Australasian Ballroom Dance Championship with Street Latin (Mambo, Argentine Tango and Salsa), Ballroom Latin (Samba and Rumba) in different sections.
This was also the first appearance on the competing floor for Kseniya, who was very brave to compete after only 2 weeks of training!
Great effort and congratulations to all!
SATD Spring Dance Fiesta:
We are very proud of Daniel Rusin, our adult dance student who got 2 gold and one bronze medals in his first Ballroom Dance Competition he competed in on the 9th September.
Daniel has been training with Cristina and Rey in Ballroom Standard and Ballroom Latin since the beginning of the year.
Daniel is also a very passionate, determined and motivated dancer: he attends all the Adults Group Dance Classes: Latin and Salsa, Zumba, Body Conditioning, Romanian Dancing.
Congratulations Daniel and to many more medals!
Ready to dance with us? Get started today!
Sydney Dance Rhythms is a well established Dance School in Sydney offering dance classes for children, adults and seniors. We run dance classes in Summer Hill and Parramatta. We have developed confident and competent dancers since the beginning of 2010, and we have given everyone the opportunity to perform at different small and large scale events in Sydney. No matter the reason you want to learn how to dance for (be it for fun, to meet new people, socialise, for your wedding, for an event, to get back into dancing, to compete, to follow a career in dance), we can cater for everyone.
Latest NEWS about Dancing and Sydney Dance Rhythms!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and receive the best and most up to date news right away.