BALLROOM & LINE DANCING
Our Ballroom and Line Dance Classes are for people of the age of 60 and over. However, this age group does not limit other adults to join the class if they wish.
The classes will run as short courses during the school holidays.
The classes will be conducted at a slower pace, and there will be often repetition of the moves learnt.
The first part of the class focuses on a Ballroom Dance and the second part of the class will see everyone Line Dancing.
In terms of Line Dancing, there is no need of a partner, as all the dancers will face the same way when dancing. Line dances are choreographed dances with repeated steps performed by a group of people in lines.
Dancing brings a lot of health and social benefits:
- Provides exercise and helps to combat high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar levels
- Improves coordination
- Provides mental stimulation, focus and coordination which could aid the prevention dementia
- Improves lung capacity
- Strengthens muscles and bones
- Controls weight
- Provides a healthy and happy social environment where people get to meet and interact with each other
DRESS CODE, WHAT TO BRING? WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Wear comfortable shoes (Please avoid thongs and shoes with too much grip.)
- Wear comfortable and practical clothes for sporting and fitness activities
- Bring a small towel
- Bring a bottle of water or other liquids
TIMETABLE & PRICES
Wednesdays from 7-8pm at the Summer Hill location.
Senior card holders benefit from a discounted rate in the Ballroom and Line Dancing for Seniors.
Please see the discounted rates for seniors below:
$15 / casual class (instead of $20)
Ready to dance with us? Get started today!
Sydney Dance Rhythms is a well established Dance School in Sydney offering dance classes for children, adults and seniors. We run dance classes in Summer Hill and Parramatta. We have developed confident and competent dancers since the beginning of 2010, and we have given everyone the opportunity to perform at different small and large scale events in Sydney. No matter the reason you want to learn how to dance for (be it for fun, to meet new people, socialise, for your wedding, for an event, to get back into dancing, to compete, to follow a career in dance), we can cater for everyone.
Latest NEWS about Dancing and Sydney Dance Rhythms!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and receive the best and most up to date news right away.