COVID-19 Safety Plan
The following COVID-19 Safety Plan has been developed for Sydney Dance Rhythms in consultation with an Occupational Health and Safety professional to help create and maintain a safe environment for Sydney Dance Rhythms staff, contractors, volunteers, students and visitors. This will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and reassure everyone that they can safely visit Sydney Dance Rhythms.
In addition to the Safe Work Australia Guidelines for COVID-19, Sydney Dance Rhythms consider the following when returning to the studio:
• Keep accurate roles for all classes and staff.
• Update contact details for all students and staff, with permission to pass these onto the authorities for the purposes of contact-tracing if needed.
• Emergency contact persons or parents will be notified in the event of a confirmed case at the studio.
• There will be a limit of 40 participants, plus the instructor and any assistants in the studio at any one time to comply with current state gathering limits.
• For children' classes, parents cannot stay in the classroom while class is in progress. For enrolment and payment matters, SDR staff will be available at the entry at the start of the class.
• Communicate with staff, students and parents that physical distancing (1.5 metres) must be maintained where practical (household contacts are not required to distance).
• Consider scheduling a 5 or 10-minute cross over time period between classes so students can leave the premises, before the next group comes in, to adhere to gathering limits and avoid crowding at check in points.
• Develop regular cleaning and waste management protocols and communicate these clearly with staff, adhering to the “Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Principles” outlined by the Dept. of Health: www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/environmental-cleaning-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf
• Consider hot spots/high touchpoints like barres and door handles and create a cleaning schedule for them
• Provide hand sanitizer to all students and teachers upon entry and exit
• Encourage hand hygiene and ensure all bathrooms have adequate soap available. “Good Hygiene is in your Hands” poster placed on bathroom walls
• Encourage students to bring their own water bottles from home.
• No staff or student are to come to the studio if they have any COVID-19 like symptoms. If they are a suspected COVID-19 case, they must self-isolate and seek testing in accordance with state or territory guidelines.
• Staff or students at the studio experiencing symptoms compatible with COVID-19 should be isolated in an appropriate space with suitable supervision, and collected by a parent/carer as soon as possible
Ready to dance with us? Get started today!
Sydney Dance Rhythms is a well established Dance School in Sydney offering dance classes for children, adults and seniors. We run dance classes in Summer Hill and Parramatta. We have developed confident and competent dancers since the beginning of 2010, and we have given everyone the opportunity to perform at different small and large scale events in Sydney. No matter the reason you want to learn how to dance for (be it for fun, to meet new people, socialise, for your wedding, for an event, to get back into dancing, to compete, to follow a career in dance), we can cater for everyone.
Latest NEWS about Dancing and Sydney Dance Rhythms!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and receive the best and most up to date news right away.
“Sydney Dance Rhythms have provided our school with great value and quality dance-fitness classes over the past two years. The energetic dance program known as ZumbAtomic covers a variety of dance skills including Hip Hop and Zumba. The sessions which incorporate fitness as well as dance certainly engage and motivate the students as well as develop their fitness level. Cristina and her staff are qualified professionals who have experience in dancing and teaching young children to grandparents.”
- ANNA MONTGOMERY
Principal at St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School Summer Hill
"I highly recommend Cristina and Sydney Dance Rhythms to anyone interested in wanting their children to participate and excel in dance. My daughter Elena who is 6 was fortunate to have a full term of dance as part of her school curriculum and absolutely loved it and flourished under the instruction of "Miss Cristina". She now attends a weekly jazz dance class and is thoroughly enjoying learning new routines and participating in a fun team environment. My daughter has been to other dance schools in the last 3 years but Sydney Dance Rhythms is definitely the one she has most enjoyed and looks forward to attending every week!"
- ANGIE MARINO
Elena’s mum (Jazz Dance Class)
“I took my very first dance lessons with Cristina and it was amazing! I learned how to Salsa 6 months ago and I still remember the steps she taught me. I met great people while taking the course and at the end the whole class we went out to for an authentic Salsa night in Sydney. We all got to put our moves to the test, have fun and see how much more we can improve by watching everyone else at the club. Overall, it was a great and affordable opportunity in a relaxed, comfortable environment that everyone should take advantage of sooner than later!"
- PETER CHICARIELLI
Latin Dance Class
“My daughter, Lizzie, has enjoyed participating in the Creative Dance Classes running on Saturday mornings. She loves pretending to be animals, doing silly falls, learning a little routine, pretending to sleep and wake like a flower. As a parent, I enjoy seeing the creative play, freeze, circuit, pompoms, the mix of boys and girls and parent involvement.”
- EMMA BAYLEY
Lizzie’s mum (Creative Dance Class)
“My daughter loves the Hip Hop classes. The teacher is wonderful, very friendly and easy going and my child loves her style of teaching.”
Ella’s mum ( Hip Hop Class)
“Our wedding was very memorable and I'm proud to say the bridal dance was the highlight of the night. We had such great fun with you during the dance lessons, and you gave us so much confidence for our dance. You pushed us hard to do a dance that we didn't even think we had the capabilities to do.”
- PETER & WINNIE
Wedding Dance Lessons
“It was fantastic having Sydney Dance Rhythms dancers demonstrate and then dance with the members of our senior’s club last week. Our members were very excited to get a chance to dance as most of them have not danced in a long while. It stirred up some lovely memories for them and started conversations about the past. Your friendliness and warmth drew our members into participating and it was a surprise to see some of our frailer seniors take to the floor. The music was well balanced and the variety was enjoyed by all. Our members have agreed that it would be wonderful to have you back again and we look forward to another session of dance and enjoyment.”
Manager at Sir Moses Montefiore Jewish Home