KIDS BALLET DANCE
SYDNEY DANCE RHYTHMS ('SDR') offers a range of classes for children including Creative Dance, Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Salsa, Latin and Ballroom dancing. At SDR your child will have the opportunity to perform and display the skills and dances they have learnt at the end of each term. Throughout the year SDR will hold performances at one of many events including local Festivals, Carnivals, Dance Spectaculars and other festivities, and your child may be chosen to show his or her newly learnt dance talent.
Our Ballet Classes run either as a standalone class or combined with Jazz or Contemporary in the technique classes.
- The Ballet - level 1 for children aged 4-7 years old at North Parramatta is an entry level class for children who haven't done any Ballet Classes before and for those who are still not confident with moving up to level 2. This level will follows grades 1 and 2 of the RAD syllabus.
- The Ballet - level 2 for children aged 6-10 years old at North Parramatta is the next level up for children who have completed level 1 in Ballet and are confident with the basic ballet positions. This level follows grades 3, 4 and 5 of the RAD syllabus.
- The Ballet - level 3 for children aged 8-18 years old at North Parramatta is a higher level for children whose ballet skills and knowledge are higher or simply their aptitude to learn is higher. This level follows grade 6 of the RAD syllabus.
- The Open Ballet Class is for children aged 4-18 years old at North Parramatta. This class focuses only on technique , and it's ideal for those who are preparing for performances and even exams. No choreograpy will be learnt in this class.
- The Technique Class is for children aged 6-18 years old at Summer Hill. This class will cover the fundamentals in Ballet, Jazz and Contemporary. Its focus is on technique , and it's ideal for those who are preparing for performances and dance competitions. No choreograpy will be learnt in this class.
Ballet is a style of dance that originated in the Italian courts during the Renaissance period in the 15th century, and has developed into a concert dance form in France and Russia. It has become really popular in all corners of the world. The dance is very technical, and the names of the Ballet moves are based on French terminology.
There are a few types of Ballet: Story Ballet that tells a story, Plotless Ballet that has no storyline.
The styles of Ballet that have been studied along the time are:
Classical Ballet, which is the most common style of ballet, and what people usually think of when they hear "Ballet". This style is characterized by grace, flowing movements, pointe work, balance and symmetry, emphasis on story ballets and narrative, and it involves elaborate costumes.
Neo-Classical Ballet was introduced in the 20th century by choreographers like George Balanchine. It is characterized by speed, energy, asymmetry, off-balance feel. It includes manipulation of the classical ballet. It is often one-act ballets, non-narrative, and costumes are, in general, fairly simple.
Contemporary Ballet includes floor work, turn-in of the legs, a great rage of movement and body line. This style is influenced by modern dance.
Our Ballet Classes encourage children to discover their physical potential, movement and sense of gravity. Your child will start with fundamental movements and gradually progress to activities that are faster, bigger and more challenging. The classes will help the children develop strength, balance, coordination, good posture and proper alignment. Music is a major part of the class to instill melody and rhythm.
Our dance classes for children are taught by highly trained teachers and classes with SDR will positively benefit your child's self-esteem development, coordination, confidence and socialization.
Please refer to the FAQ below for uniform and more information.
Please click on the image to watch a video with some of our beginner ballerinas in their first dance concert.
DRESS CODE, WHAT TO BRING? WHAT TO EXPECT
Ready to dance with us? Get started today!
Sydney Dance Rhythms is a well established Dance School in Sydney offering dance classes for children, adults and seniors. We run dance classes in Summer Hill and Parramatta. We have developed confident and competent dancers since the beginning of 2010, and we have given everyone the opportunity to perform at different small and large scale events in Sydney. No matter the reason you want to learn how to dance for (be it for fun, to meet new people, socialise, for your wedding, for an event, to get back into dancing, to compete, to follow a career in dance), we can cater for everyone.
Latest NEWS about Dancing and Sydney Dance Rhythms!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and receive the best and most up to date news right away.