PERFORMANCE/ COMPETITION DANCE TROUPE
The Performance/ Competition Dance Troupe:
- is for students aged 7 to 18 years old. Younger students may be accepted depending on ability.
- only runs at Summer Hill for the time-being.
- is established with the competitor dancer/ performer in-mind.
Students enrolled in this troupe will participate in intense dance training and choreography throughout the year. Our Instructors have been selected because of their expertise in their chosen dance style and they will provide specialised coaching for boys and girls aged between 7 and 15 years old.
Requirements of the Performance/ Competition Dance Troupe:
- Attendance in the following classes is compulsory:
- Senior Hip Hop Class on Tuesdays from 7pm (1h)
- Competition Dance Troupe Class on Tuesdays from 8pm (1h)
- Recreational Performance Class on Thursdays from 6pm (1h)
- Competition Dance Troupe Class on Thursdays from 7pm (1h)
- Students can attend the Latin/Ballroom Technique Class to build up skill in a specialized dance style.
- We recommend that students take part in the Body Conditioning, Strength and Stretch Classes. Students who cannot attend these classes will need to demonstrate that they are able to keep up with the strength and physical demands required in the Competition Dance Troupe. Students are also encouraged to practise in their own time using videos from previous classes that will be shared on SDR Google Drive.
- Throughout the year, students enrolled in the Competition Dance Troupe will be expected to perform and participate at local and greater community events. This may include large and smaller audiences in a theatre hall or on stage at a festival. This class will also prepare students for dance competitions.
- Students enrolled in this class must show dedication and serious commitment.
- All enrolments need to be paid in advance; other terms and conditions may apply.
- Fees: $ 700/ semester (2 terms) or $1350/ year - instalment plan available!
To see them in action, click on the image below!
DRESS CODE, WHAT TO BRING? WHAT TO EXPECT?
Info coming soon
Ready to dance with us? Get started today!
Sydney Dance Rhythms is a well established Dance School in Sydney offering dance classes for children, adults and seniors. We run dance classes in Summer Hill and Parramatta. We have developed confident and competent dancers since the beginning of 2010, and we have given everyone the opportunity to perform at different small and large scale events in Sydney. No matter the reason you want to learn how to dance for (be it for fun, to meet new people, socialise, for your wedding, for an event, to get back into dancing, to compete, to follow a career in dance), we can cater for everyone.
Latest NEWS about Dancing and Sydney Dance Rhythms!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and receive the best and most up to date news right away.